Sunday, June 19, 2005

Shopping in Ohio

Everytime I go shopping in Ohio, I'm reminded of why I don't like this state. Beyond the people I work with, Ohio people are rude. People racing around to do their grocery shopping as if it's a sport. Hurrying to get past you to get their item they want to buy. Trying to beat you to the cash register. Then giving instructions to the cashier on how to handle their order. "Put those flowers (fake flowers) in a separate bag. Please be careful with these flowers (again, fake flowers)." You would think the cashier was stomping their foot on them. People are not paying attention to where they are going. It's like defensive driving, but in the grocery store.

I always try to be respectful and courteous to cashiers, because it's my assumption that it's not the best job in the world. You're having to stand on your feet for many hours. Hear complaints from shoppers that the bread just scanned was the wrong price. Complain about coupons that are not taking off enough of the price. When what do you know, the coupon was old and useless.

I live in an area for about 10 months where there are two shopping malls. I've been in those malls for a total of seven times. If that. I only go if I have to. I don't want to put up with the shoppers.

No comments: