Sunday, June 26, 2005

She created a monster

My friend may regret ever taking me to a sex toy shop. I wonder if she thinks she created a monster.

I am a relatively modest and shy person. (Believe what I say and not as I do.) A couple of years ago, my friend decided to take me to a local sex shop. Her whole purpose was to see how embarassed I would become. I knew she was doing it for that reason. No matter, I'll do it. I wasn't going to back down.

This was one of those establishments where you walk in the back door, and up the stairs. Once upstairs you see a wall of sex novelites (dildos, vibrators, and etc.) There are dvds to rent and magazines to buy. I think I held up fairly well. I walked around for about 10 minutes (with her right by my side) before I said, "ok, I'm ready to go."

A couple of weeks go by, I call her up and say, "let's go back. I want something."

She was shocked by my request, "are you sure you want to do this?"

That started it all.

Now she thinks I'm the expert on sex toys. It's true that I can tell her, "that one's no good." But I wouldn't call myself an expert. I've just become a little more bold. I've walked into sex shops on my own and bought something. I've also walked in alone, notice only guys were there (one was learing at me), and walked back out.

In my experience, you don't really look at the other people who are shopping there. But this past weekend I couldn't help but watch the other individuals shopping. Now this particular story was classier than the first I went to. But to tell you the truth, I'd rather shop at Hustler of Hollywood. Shocking, but true. A big picture of Larry Flynt greets you at the door. Their motto is, "Relax, it's just sex." Anyways, back to this weekend.

There were two couples that I watched how they interacted with one another. They were in their forties or fifties, and all four of them knew each other. They all stayed together, the women were going from dildo to vibrator to clit ticklers making comments about each one. Comments such as "I like this one," "this one may be good." Stuff like that. The men stayed back a little bit but where still much apart of looking at the toys.

I couldn't help but wonder how well these couples know each other. It's one thing to go shopping at a sex store with your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, but I figure it would be another thing to shop with another couple. Makes you wonder what's going on?

No comments: