Wednesday, August 24, 2005

<----------- Look Over There

Please let me direct your attention to one of the links on the left hand column. The ".... Secret, ... Secret," one. Technically, it's called Post Secret. This is one particular blog which brings various emotions: humor, sadness, and even oneness.

The idea of the blog is for people to send an anonymous postcard with one of your secrets on it. As you can see, people are creative when sharing their secrets to the world.

I don't feel alone when I read these secrets. There's someone else out there who has secrets about themselves (or others) and the only way they can share them is anonymously.

Not a bad idea to get something off your mind.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

That's not the effect it had on me. It impressed upon me how bad people feel when they have a secret they feel they shouldn't have, and how meaningless it is to confess to something without actually letting anyone know what you've done. But some of them were very creative.

Aimless Chatter said...

There's no doubt they are creative.

Jeanne said...

Yup, they're creative:)

Aimless Chatter said...

When I read each secret, I can't help but wonder about the livelihood of each individual person. Is there not someone they can talk with and share their secrets? What kind of connection to these people have with their family, friends, and significant others? Would a person's life be better or worse if the secret is shared?

Most of the secrets bring feelings of sadness, just because I envision lonliness attached to each secret.

Except for the Starbucks decaff coffee secret. I wish I had the guts to pull something like that.