Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Celtic Festival in Ohio

Just last weekend, my friend and I enjoyed the Celtic festival here in Ohio. Never been to one, and thought, "why not, it might be fun." And it was. The beer was flowing, the music was lively, the merchandise booths had plenty to choose from, and the men in kilts... well let's just say your mind can make you wonder if the men are wearing anything underneath.

There wasn't much to complain about the festival. Three different stages were set up to play music all day. I never knew the sound of rock-n-roll and celtic music sounded well together. The food would have been good if I had the stomach for it. I passed on the cheesecake on a stick and went straight for the kettle popcorn. I was introduced to kettle popcorn at a festival a year ago and loved it ever since. It's only available at festivals, so I buy it when I can. The bottled water was a rip off. $2.00 a bottle, but hey, when you're hot, your brain starts to slow down, and you become confused and dizzy, you'll pay anything. I never knew beer on tap can come straight from a beer truck. Just pull the truck up, go to the side of the truck with glass in hand and get your beer. Ingenius!

There's only one complaint I had, and I'm speaking to the ladies when I say this.... "That red hair coloring came straight from a bottle. You can't fake that stuff. The black roots are a dead give a way. I know you are trying to look Irish, but don't force it. Embrace your African-American heritage." (Just kidding, I didn't see an African-American with red hair). But there were plenty of women who were trying to be something they aren't.

No comments: