Friday, August 19, 2005

I've been enjoying a relatively annoying inner ear infection. Which provides the wonderful annoyance of feeling dizzy and light-headed. Is this how it feels like to be drunk? Festi, any answers on this? Yes, I'm one of the few 28 year olds who has never been drunk. I think I missed out on many college experiences. My personal motto is, "If I'm going to act stupid, I want to know what I did." I know, boring as hell.

I received a little surprise tonight. A stack of wood blocks on my balcony. How did they get there? Big surprise to me. I didn't put them there. Normally, if the apartment complex management enters my apartment for up-keep I am told about it and a little note is left on my door knob. No notice. No note. But I did notice two black streaks just inside my apartment as I was going out the door this morning. I don't wear black shoes to make those marks. I just noticed the streaks this morning, just like I noticed the stack of wood this evening. What's going on? Had it been the fire department, I figure they would leave something else. You know, a cute and funny reminder of their previous visit.

Wednesday morning I woke up to notice the balcony sliding door was opened just a crack. It was in the lock position but not fully closed. I specifically remember checking the door to make sure it was shut and locked. As far as I can tell, and I should know this well, it's very difficult to open the balcony door from the outside when it is locked. If someone knows, would you please tell me how you did it. You never know when that bit of information will come in handy.

These couple of events have gotten me kinda spooked, and it's also making me question myself. Well maybe I didn't shut the door completely? Maybe it was my black sandles that made the marks? But I have no idea about the stacked wood. You can't theorize that someone threw the wood onto my balcony. I mean, who would really do that? And it's stacked. Three pieces on top of each other. A person just can't toss them up in the air and expect them to land perfectly on top one another. Just not possible. And to top it off, my journal was laying out in the open, in the living room for anyone to read. Had I known there was a possibility that someone would walk into my apartment unannounced and read it, I would have hidden the thing. Idiot. And I'm not talking about me.

On a lighter note, I had the pleasure of watching a line of cars stop and wait for a goose crossing. Actually is was a flock of geese. Yes it is possible for gas guzzlers to be made to stop for wonderful animals. (I'll call them wonderful as long as they don't peck at me legs.)

1 comment:

Aimless Chatter said...

Ahh. So that would also explain my cat's stange behavior.