Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It must be the weather...

Actually, I know it's not the weather, but I'm not going to go into all the details.

So, I'm driving in the car (or I could be sitting down on my couch - does it really make a difference where I am) and I'm wondering, is this how I handle profound stress? Or is it that I'm completely bored with myself and my likes and dislikes are changing? Where is this attitude coming from, and do I really like it.
I am pretty much a plain Jane type of gal. Very low-key. I stay home quite a bit. Stick to the norm. A Southern girl who listens to Country music. Sticks to the bestsellers for the most part. I lean to the Right when it comes to politics. (I'll become an Independent before I ever change political party affliliation to the Democrats.) I don't rock the boat. I'm a pleasant person, and attempt to maintain pleasantries with people around me. My patience level is very high. Very high.
Well, in the past two weeks, I've been kinda high strung. Maybe "on edge" is the best term. Sometimes on the verge of tears. Sometimes pissed off. Whatever it is, there's subtle changes I've noticed. Here's my list...
  1. I'm either listening to Talk Radio or Celtic music when I decide to turn on the radio/CD player.
  2. Though you would think my mood would benefit the cords and ballads of Country music, I've turned the radio dial to talk radio (and a little of NPR - National Public Radio). It's most strange that I listen to NPR because most of the issues are of the Left political minds. Listening gives me the chance to listen to what they say and I get to call them "assholes." Then I can listen to a radio station with a more Conservative view and have the chance to say, "no wonder the Republican Right is hated. Damn good thing I'm thinking of going Independent."
  3. The Celtic music I don't get. I mean, Celtic music, Ireland, Land of the Faries. (Sorry Festi, I'm in the mood. (And this gives you the chance to correct me and give me your two cents on the matter. (Hell, you may not even be bothered by that remark.))) It's not that I don't like Celtic music. I wouldn't be listening to it if I didn't. In the past couple of weeks it's brought nothing but a sense of comfort. If you told me a year ago that I would be listening to Celtic music to relax, I would have laughed at you.
  4. I'm not a girly-girl. You know what I mean by "girly-girl." I don't always put on make-up. I'm more comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt. It's a great day if I don't have do to much to my hair. (It's natural curly, therefore, natrually frizzy). My best friend has wanted to curl and color my hair for ages. I tell her no, and to forget it. What did I do this weekend, I bought hair curlers. And I curled my hair last night, for the first time since I was 13 years of age. (At least around that time.) It did look good, and not frizzy. I may have to do it again.
  5. My best friend has also attempted to force Yoga on me. I just wanted to laugh. I'm now the owner of a DVD titled, "Yoga for Inflexible People" and a yoga mat. What was I thinking.
  6. I'm now becoming more curt with people at work. The amount of other people's bullshit and insensitivity is reaching a very high level in my book. Don't get me wrong, I'm still nice and pleasant to people. There are plenty of people in this world who are kind and considerate, those who aren't just seem to make their way to the library where I work. Last week at work I looked at my boss and co-worker and asked, "Why didn't I get the mean gene?" Sometimes I want to be mean. Or at least not so nice, because I would probably feel bad if I was mean. So often I want that "mean gene."

I think my chatter here has been pretty aimless, so I'll stop for now.

(I didn't proofread)

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

It sounds OK to me. Exciting, even. Don't cling to things. Who knows where you'll end up?

Jeanne said...

Oh, except for the curlers. I'm sure your hair looks better plain old.

Aimless Chatter said...

Jeanne,

My best friend gave me only one warning, "don't get your foot stuck behind your head."

Jeanne said...

She was referring to the yoga, I suppose, and did not mean you would get your foot entangled in the tight, new curls of your very long hair, which was my first guess.

Aimless Chatter said...

I'm going for the big wavy curls, which, I honestly hate taking the time to do.

I can be such an inpatient person.