Sunday, January 22, 2006

Complete Boredom

Today has been a day of complete boredom. I'm trying to think of interesting things to do today but nothing comes to mind...

Movies... cost too much
Crochet... need more yarn, and I don't feel like buying any
Television... I don't have cable, watched some football today, but lost interest
Reading... decided to read on other countries than my own, I'm getting lost in the names, dates, battles, etc... (I will continue trying though)
Visit the bookstore... naw, just more books, and I don't need to buy any right now
Bowling... where did that come from?
Drive around Ohio... did some of this earlier today, but gas is so high that I can't do much, and besides, Ohio isn't that interesting (at least where I am)
Sleep... always a good choice but I won't sleep tonight if I sleep during the day
Surf the Internet... I'm on the internet all day at work. All day. It becomes tiring after a while
Write in my blog... sure why not? that can be done.
Watch a video... I've seen the one's I own over and over again
Take a video back to the rental place.... damn, it's a couple days overdue. By everyone.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Intense boredom signifies the approach of a major change. Why try to find ways to kill time? Take it by the horns!

-Ancient Internet Proverb

Aimless Chatter said...

"Ancient Internet Proverb?"

I love it! Though my imagination is having a time visualizing boredom being taken by the horns.

Aimless Chatter said...

Festi,

Ashville, NC? Appalachia area, you could have been listening to Appalachia music which is very similar.

Green Giant? Was it "Jolly"? (American Pop Culture question)

And for crying out loud, you've been to more U.S. cities than I have and I live here.

Beer in the fridge - I currently have 3 bottles of Smirnoff Ice bought over year ago. (Technically, not a beer.)

On the shelf (all unopened) - two bottles of Kentucky's own Maker's Mark Bourbon, and Wild Turkey's (honey laced) bourbon. Some day I might open them.

brendar said...

Jeanne is quite right (I hate ttyping that). When I'm totally bored I try to find a person, not necessarily someone that I know, and have a selfless conversation with them. Find out what their needs are and try to meet them in some way. It is a cure for boredom and my way of taking the bull by the tail and facing the situation.

Aimless Chatter said...

Welcome Brendar!

(I'm at work, so that's about all I can say now)

Have a good day!!