Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting

I'm currently waiting for the election result to finalize here. To see if a levy is going to pass. It's currently neck and neck with the "Against the levy" slightly ahead. We'll see what happens.

Heard on the news today that a school board in Kanasas passed a motion to allow Intelligent Design (a.k.a. Creation) to mentioned alongside the Theory of Evolution in the school curriculum. I wonder how many people are going to be pissed off at that news?

I was weak today. Bored and depressed too. Which most likely led to my weakness.

No embarassing conversations today. Thank goodness.

This is one of those nights where I wouldn't mind sitting in a smokey bar. For no reason at all but to just sit and watch everyone around me. Good company would be nice too.

I've put in applications for two jobs back in Kentucky. I become homesick just writing the word.

I'm looking forward to seeing (maybe reading) Anne Rice's new book. She's completely changed topics from vampires, witches and erotica. Her books is in first person. And that person would be the one and only Jesus Christ as a seven year old boy. Come on, you have to be just a little curious about this book. I've never read an Anne Rice novel. I've tried, but I could never finish it. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's views about the book. So far it's gotten good reviews, but I want to know what her fans think. I wonder if any Christians will read it?

I'm in the mood to watch Walt Disney movies. Well, only Cinderella. Every now and then I like to mention those movies to my best friend just to make her mad. (It's a funny mad.) She hates the idea that Disney has taken tales written by other people and made a fortune from it. She hates it more that many people believe Disney created some of these tales. I would have like to have seen the Disney version of Snow White incorporate killing the ugly witch with the hot iron shoes. That would have made the kiddies scream.

I'm going to check the results again.

No comments: