Monday, July 31, 2006

This and That...

Here are some thoughts going thru my head as well as some whatnots...

  • I'm having one of those moments when I want to write, but don't know what to write.
  • I can have several chapters rumbling in my head for a story but I freeze when I begin to actually write.
  • It's the same thing that happens to me when I go to the grocery store (or any store for that matter) and I completely forget why I came to the store in the first place.
  • Today it was the Barnes and Noble bookstore. I go to the store intent on looking for a CD by the Elders.
  • I know what you're thinking, "Why are you going to Barnes and Noble to buy music?" Well, my favorite B&N in Kentucky has a section for music.
  • I stepped one foot in the store and could not remember why I was there. So I decided to walk around the store until the reason came to me.
  • Once it did, I looked around and damn it, wouldn't you know it, this B&N doesn't have a music section.
  • I'm standing in the middle of B&N with a frustrated look on my face thinking, "Well, I could just go ahead and buy a book. No, don't do that. You have enough books."
  • I leave the store, without a book and make my way to another city for Border's which hopefully has the CD.
  • Arrive at store, and remember why I'm there. (I'm off to a good start.)
  • Search for the music section.
  • Found it.
  • Alright, now I need the World Section in music. I see Country, Soundtracks, R&B, and etc.
  • I was going to be pissed if I didn't find the World Section. Aha, finally, last row.
  • Searching for Elders. Searching. Searching. Searching. No luck.
  • I see a catalog to find items in the store. No Elders available. Well, shit.
  • Now who else was I wanting. Ah yes, Gaelic Storm's new album - Bring Yer Wellies.
  • Searching. Searching. I see most of their other albums, but no Bring Yer Wellies.
  • Check catalog. Bring Yer Wellies is available to buy. Located in World Section under Celtic. "No it's not!!"
  • I check all through the Celtic section. Damn it. What's a girl gotta do to buy the music she wants?
  • Browse the store. Where am I not looking?
  • I search all around the store (new big store) and finally under New Music, there it is. Sorry, there was no bright light, just an "On Sale" sign on the CD. Something at least for my troubles.

No comments: