Friday, July 07, 2006

Things I Enjoy....

(In no particular order)

  • A book that you can't put down.
  • Long drives through the country.
  • Having the movie theater all to myself
  • Tulips
  • Time to write in my journal
  • A comfortable silence with my family and friends
  • Kindness
  • My chili with cheese and Fritos
  • Peaches
  • Falling asleep curled up underneath my Memaw's quilt
  • Finding unique surprises about my Memaw
  • Seeing my cat when I come home from work
  • Daydreaming
  • Long naps
  • Bookstores
  • People watching
  • Learning about people
  • Listening about people's lives
  • Hearing about new adventures
  • Seeing the water meet the sky in the far off distance
  • Sand beneath my toes
  • A light cool breeze
  • Barns
  • Lighthouses
  • History
  • The pleasure of turning off the alarm clock
  • Waking up to happy dreams
  • A long soak in the bathtub
  • Chocolate chip cookies
  • Vacation with my family
  • Inside jokes
  • People understanding me
  • Being a contradiction from time to time
  • Sex on the Beach (drink)
  • Woodchuck (drink)
  • Having a cigarette on my balcony in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep
  • Decorating the Christmas tree with Christmas music or a Christmas movie playing
  • The guest bed at my sister's house
  • Pizza with everything on it
  • (possibly more in the future)

3 comments:

Aimless Chatter said...

t,

I believe I've had the theater all to myself only once or twice. Many times the theater consisted of me and two or three other people. They arrive just as the movie is starting right after I think, "Yes, it's all mine."

Whoever made that alarm clock is evil. That's just not right.

Some of the best country drives I had was while I was living in the Central Kentucky area, going to school, and working part-time. Central Kentucky consists of beautiful horse farms. (Some of the horses have more insurance than I do). Spring and Fall were gorgeous. Tall trees would lines some of the country roads. Old rock fences were still around. Made me wonder what life was like a hundred years ago with no roads cutting thru the beautiful green hills.

Everyone has a story, if we are just willing to listen to it. I haven't ventured far from my roots. Vacations were not take too far away from home. Since I don't travel too much, I like to hear what's out there. I like to know where people have lived. What's here homeland like (no matter if it's in the U.S. or another country). Tell me something I don't know about some place I've never been.

I have a co-worker from Senegal, Africa. Not only do I like to hear about his home country, but I like to hear about his beliefs and opinions. He's Muslim, I'm Christian. He's Democrat, I'm a Republican. He's a UNC fan, I'm a University of Kentucky fan all the way (College basketball season was a whoot). He's just a neat person to learn about parts of the world that I may never see. Another co-worker of mine is from South Africa and her husband is from Canada. How I would love to pick her brain just to find out more about her homeland.

As for Woodchuck, it's a Draft Cider. I think my sister introduced it to me. It sounds much better than the Green Mamba she liked. I prefer the Woodchuck Granny Smith Draft Cider. There are also the Amber Draft Cider, Dark and Dry 802 Draft Cider, Pear Draft Cider, and a Rasberry Draft Cider.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»