Wednesday, September 21, 2005

An answer to Religion

From which state of mind should I answer this question? I can be very serious, or I can be absolutely sarcastic. There are times which I really like talking about religion, and there are times which I just don't care and want to say whatever. So you may just get a mix. Most likely a mix since my head is still spinning.

So many religions to pick from today. Which to choose?

"Extra! Extra! Get your religion here today! Take your pick - God, Allah, You, nothing, whatever, who really cares!"

Yeah, sometimes I get frustrated with the whole "whose religion is better than the other" routine.

"Well my God is bigger than your God."

"Well, my religion allows me to smoke weed."

"Well, my religion allows me to have sex."

"Well, well, okay, you've got me beat there."

I forsee a religion made up by the people for the pleasure of the people. I think this is a hedonistic world where people want to do whatever they want and they want their religion to fit into that mold.

"Let's see here, I want my faith to incorporate laziness, have sex as much as I want without the feeling of guilt, um, o yeah, i don't want my religion to have guilt at all, I want to do whatever I want without the consequences, and everyone is okay with that. Because everyone will want to be a part of this religion. And there's no 'Head' of this religion. There's no hell. Heaven will have all the men/women I want. At my disposal. I'll add more as I want, when I want it, when the time is right, and I don't care what you say about it."

"Oh, I want to add 'there will be no need to ask for forgiveness' because you are allowed to do whatever you want and there will be no need for forgiveness."

(Well, that's just crap out of my brian. Told you my head was spinning. Should have answered the pubic hair question. Which one was Cheetarah? I don't think I even spelled that correctly. Oh hell.")

"Oh, and I want to say all the curse words I can possibly say. Don't want to forget that one."

I don't feel like being serious about the religion question. Basically because religion is a personal subject with me. If I new for sure the question was asked in seriousness, I could probably answer it on some level. Not saying that I'm a religious fanatic. Browse through my blog and you'll see why. I can talk about vibrators and religion in the same setting. Masturbation is an interesting topic to discuss with teenagers at church. Though I was never involved in one of those discussions. Very taboo. Very hush, hush. Whatever.

No comments: