Sunday, June 11, 2006

This and That...

I'm fairly sure my cat can sense things that are beyond my eyesite. Just know, he's sitting by the window and all the sudden his body is at attention looking straight up where the window blinds are raised. His eyes are focused on something. So being me, wondering "what the heck is up there?" I follow his line of vision and what do I see.... nothing. Absolutely nothing. The way he looks up a walls and hunkers down in attack stance I think, "what are you seeing that I'm not?" Cats, my cat in particular, are strange that way.
I had a co-worker tell me that she expected me to quit my job here in Ohio move back to Kentucky when my Grandma had her stroke back in January. Just a couple days after Grandma past away I did have the mindset to do just that. Without a job lined up in Kentucky. It was a quick thought. Nothing serious, but something I would have loved to have done.
After my many embarassing moments that I experience on a sometimes frequent basis, it was nice to have the opportunity to witness someone elses embarassment. My mom and I pulled into the parking lot here at the apartment complex. I pulled the car beside someone who had just pulled in moments before me. The occupants were a guy and girl. Girl had been driving and the guy in the front passenger seat. She hops out of the car laughing and looking back at him. As she's walking to retrieve her mail, he gets out of the car, walks in front on mine and he appears to be in a hurry to finishing something. He's not facing my car. My mom and I see his back. And I can only suspect that where his hands are located, he's trying to finish pulling up his pants and zipping the fly. Unsuccessfully I might add. Mom and I are able to see briefs down past his butt. His hat is turned sideways. He's looking down at the front of his pants, the girl is looking back at him laughing as she makes her way to her apartment. He finally gives up zipping his fly and runs straight to her apartment to get away from our prying eyes.
I look at my mom and ask, "what do you think they were doing in the car?" We both have the same idea, but we could be wrong.
There are times in which I can tell my mom anything. Sometimes. And sometimes she surprises me with what she says. We prepare to watch the movie 40-Year-Old Virgin. I let my mom know this movie is funny but can be very crude. She was all for that because she wanted something funny to watch. So when it comes to one particular scene about describing a "woman fucking a horse," I'm thinking, "what is she going to think about this." I reminded her that it's a crude movie just before that scene. I think I laughed more with her response than any part in the movie. How did she respond? Her response was, "so how does a woman fuck a horse?" She was kidding ofcourse, but I just cracked up.

1 comment:

Aimless Chatter said...

Festi,

I have no clue. Though John Irving's book "Cider House Rules" may give some understanding to the sex act. I couldn't finish the book after one particular passage about this very subject.

I recently came across the book Rat Bastards: The life and times of South Boston's Most Honorable Irish Mobster by John "Red" Shea in which he made reference to a woman and a horse.

I don't know how I come across these things.