Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cake Recipe: Rum Cake

Let's change things up. Here's the recipe for the cake I made today for work...

Rum Cake

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup of light rum
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of oil
4 eggs

Mix all the ingredients together and bake for approximately 1 hour in bundt cake pan.

_______________________

Glaze
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of light rum
1/4 cup of water

When cake is close to being done, cook glaze ingredients until sugar is disolved (only a couple of minutes). Take the cake out of the oven when done, pour glaze on top of cake (still in pan). Let the glaze soak into the baked cake for approximately 15-30 minutes.
Turn the cake over into a plate to remove. Eat 24 hours later. Damn good stuff.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I got tickets to Elton. He's coming to Edmonton September 30th of this year. I am so excited I think I might cry. The sole purpose of my life is to lead up to the day that I get to see Sir Elton live.
OMG.

Aimless Chatter said...

You will have so much fun at the concert. I thought it was a good concert and I didn't know have the songs. Elton John is a performer. September 30 will be here faster than you can imagine.

Have fun at the concert, and comment here what you thought of it.