Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Getting Back Home

I moved to Ohio about 8 months ago. Since that time, I've wondered when will I have the chance to return back home. Will there even be a possibility? I like to rely on my gut instinct. There are just times when timing isn't right. And sometimes the Higher Power shouts a "no" to you (yes that has happened, and I was smart to listen). But how do you quiet the green jealous monster inside that wants to develop when I hear my friend has the opportunity to return home? Our home is virtually the same place. I listen to my gut. The timing isn't right. The timing is perfect for my friend. I'm finally getting settled in Ohio, and I need to explore this place. It's all in the outlook. (That's my rose-colored glasses talking.)

All in all, I hope she this opportunity works out for her. There's a slow desire building in my heart to find out what there is to enjoy while I'm here. Take the time to discover myself. See what I'm made of. I never really had the chance to do that back home. We'll see what happens.

No comments: